Having the discipline to save money is a life-skill that will pay off in the future. Maybe you’ve already gotten into the habit of stashing away part of every paycheck to pay for college or other long-term expenses. If so, you are ahead of the game. Here are other ways to save money:
- Go to class. Otherwise, you’re wasting the money you spent to enroll.
- Buy or rent used textbooks—and sell back any books you no longer need.
- Never go grocery shopping when you’re hungry.
- Drink water. It’s usually free—and it’s better for you.
- Walk, use public transportation or ride a bike instead of having a car.
- Check out student discounts. Lots of places offer price breaks if you show
a student ID.
- Take advantage of on-campus entertainment opportunities. They’re often inexpensive or free.
- Don’t buy music. Take advantage of free services like Pandora or
- Resist the urge to get a pet. You’ll rack up big veterinary bills—and you probably won’t have the time to give a pet the attention it deserves.
For more tips, go to Fastweb/personal-finance